About Me

My photo
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, United States
I have been crafting and doing shows for 20 plus years. I have 3 children and I love creating primitive country crafts. I am married and my husband is my biggest asset to my success. But I can't forget the help my children have been through the years and still to this day. This has been a true family event. I hope you like what you see. I have made so many friends through the years. They started out as customers an are now dear friends, and that is all worth the long hours that we all put into making our creations. I say our creations, because my husband and children help in so many ways. Enjoy my pictures and posts, have a cup of coffee and some downtime to just relax...and come back soon...from my house to yours, Denise

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Almost Christmas 2010

For some reason this time of year makes me happy, but yet sad. So many memories, some good, some not so good. Family members that are no longer with us, especially the ones that made the holidays so "special". Remembering Christmas as a child, it was such a special time. So many questions, like how does Santa fit down the chimney, and how can he eat so many cookies and drink so much milk in one night. Christmas is so much the children. Seeing it through a child's eyes is just magic. I loved when my children were small and they believed in Santa. Especially the early morning with them running into our bedroom and shouting, Get up Mommy and Daddy, Santa was here..and the opening of presents, the happiness of a simple toy just made it so wonderful. There is nothing like the magic of Christmas for a child.

The person I miss most is my Grandma. She was the magic in Christmas especially when I got older. The meals at her home, like Santa she had a "twinkle" in her eyes. She is gone now since 1977, and I miss her today like the day she passed. I am going to end this post in memory of my Grandma, her name was Agnes and she lives still very much in my heart. Have a wonderful day everyone and remember the people that made your memories. Hugs to all, Denise

No comments: