About Me

My photo
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, United States
I have been crafting and doing shows for 20 plus years. I have 3 children and I love creating primitive country crafts. I am married and my husband is my biggest asset to my success. But I can't forget the help my children have been through the years and still to this day. This has been a true family event. I hope you like what you see. I have made so many friends through the years. They started out as customers an are now dear friends, and that is all worth the long hours that we all put into making our creations. I say our creations, because my husband and children help in so many ways. Enjoy my pictures and posts, have a cup of coffee and some downtime to just relax...and come back soon...from my house to yours, Denise

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Here we go, first blog


Well this is another go around at trying this blog thing. I find myself remembering a lot right now with Christmas just around the corner. We lost an important family member last week, my husband's Uncle Ronnie. What a great man, very hard to wrap my hands around the fact that he is no longer on this earth. Makes one realize how little time we all have. To make the most of each day, and think before we do or say things, and I know sometimes that is really hard to do. What a somber, yet beautiful ceremony it was yesterday when the Marines did the flag presentation, hard not to tear up and feel a bit lost. But as we all know, we can never go back, only forward. So let's do that here, I will always remember Uncle Ronnie, but a smile is needed now.

So lets start with the fact I am sorta brain dead on ideas for the spring. Spring is not my season, well neither is summer. I have so many new things floating around in my head for fall and winter that I never get them all done. I have to really concentrate to make new things for this upcoming time of year. I will post some pictures as I go, probably starting with some winter and Christmas. I will show you some of my home decorations that I finally fit in with all my shows I had to finish up. Still have my garland to put up on my railing, but first need to replace the lights and Christmas is only 4 days away. Better get that done today.

As we go I will hopefully cheer you up, make you laugh and have you want to keep coming back. But for now, today's blog is in your honor Uncle Ronnie.

2 comments:

Willow Creek Crossing said...

Hi Denise,
Good luck with your new venture in blogging. I too am new at it, just starting one in August. So far I have enjoyed blogging and following others too! I enjoyed reading about your family and your Uncle Ronnie! I love that name, in fact, I have a brother named Ronnie, and he is my favorite!

If I can help, please ask! I know how to add some things, like playlist and some of the widgets! I actually learned by reading others blogs!

Merry Christmas to your and your family!
Donna

Denise's Kountry Patch said...

Donna, thank you for the nice words. I need encouragement now as I really don't know what I am doing, trial and error for sure. I sure can use some help, would love to add a playlist and some widgets. When you have time, as I know we are all busy now with Christmas right down the road. Have a wonderful holiday. Denise