About Me

My photo
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, United States
I have been crafting and doing shows for 20 plus years. I have 3 children and I love creating primitive country crafts. I am married and my husband is my biggest asset to my success. But I can't forget the help my children have been through the years and still to this day. This has been a true family event. I hope you like what you see. I have made so many friends through the years. They started out as customers an are now dear friends, and that is all worth the long hours that we all put into making our creations. I say our creations, because my husband and children help in so many ways. Enjoy my pictures and posts, have a cup of coffee and some downtime to just relax...and come back soon...from my house to yours, Denise

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Baby it's cold outside !!!



Hi Everyone, I wanted to chat today about this winter. Now I know there are some of you out there that are "Winter Lovers", but me, I am not one of them. I like the snow on Christmas Eve, and a little here and there, but this frigid weather we have had for so many weeks now is getting a bit "old". Now that we are in single digits at times, I am quite content to stay in my house and feed my wood burner. I cannot imagine living a generation or two ago when homes relied only on a small wood or coal burner. And the bathroom was an outhouse...Omg, I think I would have been a thinner person for sure, watching what I ate or drank in fear of going outside in the cold.

My bird feeders are empty every other day, and the squirrels, well....while I know they are also hungry, they are very much gluttons when it comes to the peanut butter logs and the seed. I am ready to try and grease the tree limbs to force them to "share" a bit...if anything it would be funny to watch...but for now, they are just hanging upside down and eating away while the little birds just sit and wait their turn. I think today I will work on decorating some of my vintage crocks and jugs for my upcoming craft shows. I really have to concentrate on sitting in the basement again. Having a few weeks off really makes it hard to get back into my creative side. I am posting a few pictures of my yard, waiting for my husband to plow it. One after thought, why did I hang all the bird feeders where I have to walk through all the snow to fill them? Everyone have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your day. Hugs....Denise

2 comments:

Holli~Where The Rooster Crows said...

I know what you mean about the squirrels! We seem to have some greedy ones here as well. Although I have bluejays that will chase them away.

Denise's Kountry Patch said...

Hi Holli, welcome and thank you for following my blog...I see a bluejay once in a while, mostly summer, now I have about 2 dozen crows added to the mix.....and the cats sit on the window sill and smack their tails and chatter...great hunters they are trying to be...lol