About Me

My photo
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, United States
I have been crafting and doing shows for 20 plus years. I have 3 children and I love creating primitive country crafts. I am married and my husband is my biggest asset to my success. But I can't forget the help my children have been through the years and still to this day. This has been a true family event. I hope you like what you see. I have made so many friends through the years. They started out as customers an are now dear friends, and that is all worth the long hours that we all put into making our creations. I say our creations, because my husband and children help in so many ways. Enjoy my pictures and posts, have a cup of coffee and some downtime to just relax...and come back soon...from my house to yours, Denise

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Candle Spools



While I am patiently waiting for Spring to get here like most of you are, I have to constantly try to come up with different ideas for my craft shows and my etsy website. Spring and Summer are not my favorite times of year to make things for, as I may have said before...ideas for fall and winter just so much easier. So this morning I needed to list a few things on my etsy shoppe and I went to the basement and believe me when I tell you I have a ton of old spools. So I dug out these two that I am showing you pictures of today. The wood was dull and drab, so I took out my latex gloves and put a coat of stain on them. By the time I was finished wiping the excess off, they looked awesome. The grain in the wood barrel just popped. I just tied some fabric homespun around the tops of the spools, and added a 5" taper candle to it. Now I did dip this candle into some nice grungy wax a few times, rolling them into spices and coffee grounds to texture it up. I also added an aged coffee stained tag, with a short saying on each one. So I have quite a few of these I can do up if they sell well, if anyone wants to order one you can go to my etsy shop.....deniseskountrypatch.etsy.com

Different color fabric is available, any saying you want on the tag...just let me know through an email on etsy, they call them "convo's" not emails...but the same, same...lol But a quick new item, without a lot of prep work, they are quite heavy for shipping, but a solid old spool in very nice shape. I just wanted to show you some of what I love the most in my home are the old spools. I have quite a few, along with old crocks and they just make me smile. I think about the "good old days" before everything started to be made from plastic and made in China.....sad in a way isn't it.. Have a wonderful, vintage day....hugs, Denise

2 comments:

cottageprims said...

Good morning! I'm your newest follower found you through Donna.Excited to see your adventures in blogging.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Denise's Kountry Patch said...

Hi Amy, glad to have you. I am really new at this and in time will learn. Donna is awesome, love her work. Hugs and welcome!!~~Denise~~