About Me

My photo
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, United States
I have been crafting and doing shows for 20 plus years. I have 3 children and I love creating primitive country crafts. I am married and my husband is my biggest asset to my success. But I can't forget the help my children have been through the years and still to this day. This has been a true family event. I hope you like what you see. I have made so many friends through the years. They started out as customers an are now dear friends, and that is all worth the long hours that we all put into making our creations. I say our creations, because my husband and children help in so many ways. Enjoy my pictures and posts, have a cup of coffee and some downtime to just relax...and come back soon...from my house to yours, Denise

Monday, January 31, 2011

A little fun




While we have to deal with winter, I know it is hard on the animals so I throw out old bread, and fill up the feeders on a daily basis. I bought a few new simple peanut butter feeders for the tiny birds...they are just a section of a tree branch with about 8 wide holes drilled in them. I fill them with peanut butter, or suet and they are a big hit. But as you can see, I have a few hogs in my yard..while I love the squirrels, they just don't quit...they empty out most of the peanut butter each day, and the little birds just sit and wait their turns...there is about 4 of them running around the trees...I think maybe some grease on the branches might deter them a bit..would be funny, but just a fleeting thought...;) So now I am in search of cheap, outdated peanut butter since they are eating it so quick..Once the sun comes up they start arriving and around 9am, I think I can hear a faint, "hey guys, she put more out, breakfast time". I have so much fun watching them and my two cats just lay in the window banging their tails and chattering while these guys jump around and feed. The squirrels are relentless because not only do they empty the peanut butter first, then they move to the seed feeders...they have never ending appetites...so just a little story to lighten and brighten what I feel is a long, cold winter. Hang out a feeder or two, it will make you smile more than you think. Enjoy your days blessings....hugs...

2 comments:

frommyhearprimitives said...

Are they little stinkers or what!
I still have the pic's of the deer in the summer that I took on your porch. It's so nice and quite there, can come move in? You got that extra bedroom ya know.

Denise's Kountry Patch said...

Hey Sharon, yes they are just piggies and now I have about 6 crows...I bought some peanuts in the shell yesterday for the squirrels, threw them out there this morning....well they looked at them, and continued eating the peanut butter...and who ate the peanuts, the crows, carried them off one by one....so funny.....you can come and stay over any time....take a chill break..lol......xoxo