About Me

My photo
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, United States
I have been crafting and doing shows for 20 plus years. I have 3 children and I love creating primitive country crafts. I am married and my husband is my biggest asset to my success. But I can't forget the help my children have been through the years and still to this day. This has been a true family event. I hope you like what you see. I have made so many friends through the years. They started out as customers an are now dear friends, and that is all worth the long hours that we all put into making our creations. I say our creations, because my husband and children help in so many ways. Enjoy my pictures and posts, have a cup of coffee and some downtime to just relax...and come back soon...from my house to yours, Denise

Friday, January 7, 2011

Thinking Spring





Hi everyone, well winter is still here with us, but it is the time now to "Think Spring" and all things that relate to it within the craft world. I know it seems weird to some, but crafter's are, and have been busy making bunnies, valentine items, St. Patrick and Easter even though it is still very cold and snowing outside. We always have to be ahead of the curve, just like the stores are. In order to get our items listed on web sites, or ready for Spring shows, we have to work on them months in advance. So I have had a busy week making a bunch of new bunnies, and a few new bears. I have a sweet customer who collects bunnies, and asked me to make again this year some new ones, and to also do some bears. As I sat and thought, I have drawn so many patterns up the last few years, how can I come up with new bunnies. You can just draw them just so many ways, but I sat down and started to sketch and I had 11 new patterns for my husband to cut out last Sunday.

He cut me out 130 little critters, and Monday I sat and painted them, Tuesday my daughter Jaime came up and she floated the edges for me. Wednesday I put on their sweet faces, pinked their ears, tails and cheeks, edge sanded them outside in the freezing cold... what I go through for my love of crafting....really I froze and had to come in a few times and sit by the wood burner. Thursday brought Jaime up again and she stained all them for me, she is a huge help in many ways. Today I added their small rusty star to their bodies and spent over 3 hours taking photos, and then listing them on my etsy website. deniseskountrypatch.etsy.com

I will post some pictures of these sweet critters, Jaime says I make them look "sad" all the time, but I tell her that is so people will want to give them a home...lol

Have a wonderful day everyone. Hugs....Denise

No comments: