About Me

My photo
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, United States
I have been crafting and doing shows for 20 plus years. I have 3 children and I love creating primitive country crafts. I am married and my husband is my biggest asset to my success. But I can't forget the help my children have been through the years and still to this day. This has been a true family event. I hope you like what you see. I have made so many friends through the years. They started out as customers an are now dear friends, and that is all worth the long hours that we all put into making our creations. I say our creations, because my husband and children help in so many ways. Enjoy my pictures and posts, have a cup of coffee and some downtime to just relax...and come back soon...from my house to yours, Denise

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Never Too Early




Hi friends, I have been so busy trying to get stock made for the upcoming show season. Some days I work like a beaver, and other days I need to chain myself to the table in order to see some progress. I cannot wait until the warmer weather gets here so I can paint outside. Nothing like getting a dozen or more items painted at one time, makes for some serious stock building. I have been able to sneak out and get a few things painted, but it is cold and slow going. But what brings me to my title of this blog, it relates to some of the things that I have been able to get made for my shows. For me it is never too early to paint for fall or winter, and I start them in January each year. They are my busiest seasons, so I try to have a good supply of fall/winter items ready. We have been cutting some new wood items, each Sunday we camp out in the garage and cut enough for a week of painting, sometimes more. I have so many new ideas that I will be sharing with all of you.

We have had a few nice sunny days here, just enough to tease us and then 14" of snow came and covered up the grass. On a more serious note, I am so very thankful for small things. My husband got cut bad on Sunday while cutting out some of the wood bases. It was on the table saw that I am not a fan of...and you will never see me using it. My back was to him and all I heard is a bad word, and the saw being turned off and he went out the door to the house. He is lucky...although it did a serious number on the tip of his finger, he could have indeed cut it off. It is going to take months for it to heal all the way. Accidents happen so very quickly, and I know it could have been so much worse. I cannot imagine having that happen to me, while I have had my share of injuries...getting cut on a table saw is a serious injury. Saws are not forgiving..once in a while no matter how careful we are, we can get hurt in a blink of an eye. Keep him in your thoughts for me if you can. I am going to finish up and post some pictures of the items I am making. Have a wonderful day, just know Spring is just around the corner. Hugs to all....

6 comments:

At Home With Amy said...

Wow you have been busy Denise. I like your spunk though girl. Keep it going. I will indeed pray for a quick healing for your hubbys finger. What a painful thing to have happen.
Hugs,
AMY

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Looks like you have been busy! I know how you feel about being in the mood to create ~ sometimes it's a challenge. Hope Hubby's finger heals fast.
Prim Blessings! Robin

Denise's Kountry Patch said...

Thank you for the healing wishes...I have to say although hurt, he was very, very lucky....could have been so much worse....have a good day Amy and Robin...hugs...:)

Carmen at Primcats said...

Lookin good so far! Can't wait to see more!

Carmen and the Primcats

Denise's Kountry Patch said...

Thank you Carmen....hugs!!

Marcy said...

Denise, I love your country designs. You take different items of no matter and turn them into delightful treasures. I look forward to seeing more. Marcy @ W.H. Baxter & Co.