About Me

My photo
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, United States
I have been crafting and doing shows for 20 plus years. I have 3 children and I love creating primitive country crafts. I am married and my husband is my biggest asset to my success. But I can't forget the help my children have been through the years and still to this day. This has been a true family event. I hope you like what you see. I have made so many friends through the years. They started out as customers an are now dear friends, and that is all worth the long hours that we all put into making our creations. I say our creations, because my husband and children help in so many ways. Enjoy my pictures and posts, have a cup of coffee and some downtime to just relax...and come back soon...from my house to yours, Denise

Friday, February 11, 2011

Wish or Regret ???



Hi everyone, today I am writing about an old antique trunk I painted about a year and a half ago. It was one of my items that I was going to keep for myself, I loved it that much. So my question is, do I wish I kept it, or do I regret selling it....hmm, I guess the outcome is the same no matter what way I ask the question. It was one of those things that I thought, my home is not that big. Just a ordinary bi-level, and space to display it could have been easier than how to store it for 11 months. Especially when I have so much going on with buckets of stock for shows, and I also work from here, so space is a premium..sorta like a New York apartment...lol

So this was my plan, I took it to the next show after it was done...I put a high price on it and put it in my display. Before the show opened, I looked at it and said, nope...determined to raise my odds of it not selling...I raised up a bit, surely it would never sell and by default it would be mine...well I think you all know the rest of the story, within 15 minutes of the show opening it was SOLD....yep, sold at the price I raised it to in order to keep it for myself. This trunk was awesome inside and out. It had the original paper lining in it, and the mustard paint on the outside was how I got it...all I did to it was paint all the snowmen and sayings on it. I stained it, added some rusty stars, and sprayed a sealer on it. Believe me, it is not often you find something that is in such nice shape, but it now belongs to a very good customer of mine. So at least I know where it is, and it has a good home. I often have a hard time leaving something go when it comes out really good, but unless I win the lottery and get a bigger home...it has to leave my hands. After all I am doing this to earn a living, I think...lol...But every time I look at these pictures of this trunk I always say those words...wish or regret?? Have a wonderful weekend everyone, and as always...Hugs to all...

4 comments:

Holli~Where The Rooster Crows said...

At least you know a good customer has it and she will treat it like you would! Always nice to sell something you love to someone you know will cherish it as well,especially when it is hard to part with.

michelle said...

It is absolutely beautiful!just think its a cherished item that you made that im sure is very loved.I would try to find a little box and do a little replica.have a great weekend and no regrets!just a wonderful memory.blessings michelle

Denise's Kountry Patch said...

Thank you Holli and Michelle, it was fun making it....definitely one of a kind....hugs...

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Smile..there is a silver lining to your inner feelings..You made a nice chunk of money for it so if you want you can find another trunk if you want someday and give it a new look and treasure it like you did this one and when it is time to let the new one go you will open the door to yet another creation from teh heart...That is the best part of being able to create things like we do...


Have a great weekend!

Blessiings
Tonya