About Me

My photo
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, United States
I have been crafting and doing shows for 20 plus years. I have 3 children and I love creating primitive country crafts. I am married and my husband is my biggest asset to my success. But I can't forget the help my children have been through the years and still to this day. This has been a true family event. I hope you like what you see. I have made so many friends through the years. They started out as customers an are now dear friends, and that is all worth the long hours that we all put into making our creations. I say our creations, because my husband and children help in so many ways. Enjoy my pictures and posts, have a cup of coffee and some downtime to just relax...and come back soon...from my house to yours, Denise

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Addicted to Sunflowers






Here I am again, stopping by to tell you what I have been up to. Well as you will see from the pictures I will post, I have been working on sunflower items. I do love them, they make me smile...always did. The other flower I like is similar I guess, it is the black eyed susan. I am not, and I stress not a gardener. Wish I was and could be, but usually I forget to water them and we all know what happens then. I tried tomato plants, green peppers last summer...well I did get a few cherry tomatoes, but the big ones split and just didn't fair too well. The year before I planted a bunch of tomato plants too and they got a blight...so I think this year I will leave it up to the farmers and save myself some money.

But now that we got the fact I am a terrible gardener out of the way, I am happy with my sunflower jars, and holders. I am trying to get my stock built up for future craft shows that I will be doing. Some days I work well, and others I just wanna have fun and do other things. It all evens out, cause when I have to cram I get a ton done is a very short time frame. I am going to post these items, they are all one of a kind and are available for purchase in my etsy shop. Here is the link to it..... deniseskountrypatch.etsy.com

Have a wonderful day and hugs to all.

6 comments:

At Home With Amy said...

I too am a lover of Sunflowers Denise. At one time I was going to do my kitchen in them and I bought a bunch of stuff to decorate with. I've since changed my mind and now I want to decorate it with crows. Not sure hubby thinks my sunflowers look so good packed in his closet either! lol!
Enjoy your day,
AMY

Denise's Kountry Patch said...

Amy, esp for fall incorporate the crows with the sunflowers....looks awesome together....thanks for commenting....hugs...;)

Willow Creek Crossing said...

Hi Denise,
I love sunflowers too, but I especially love the black-eyed susan! I have them in several of my flower beds! I'm not a great gardener, but I do have lots of flowers beds that have flowers that come up every year, saves time and money! I don't fair well with indoor plants, I forget to water too! Love your new creations!
Smile!
~Donna~

Denise's Kountry Patch said...

thank Donna....where have you been...wrote you a pm in f/b and haven't heard from ya....missing my willow creek fix....lol
hugs
Denise

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Love Sunflowers and Lazy Susans.. You would love my Trailer it is done completely in sunflowers and lazy Susans. It makes my little home look like it has smiles in very nook and cranny. I have a 100 year old pop corn poper that I added Ivy and Sunflowers and it looks so awesome. I made my Sofa Covers and Pillows out of white fabric with Sunflowers, Curtian Valance is Ivy & Sunflowers.. Teddy Bears holding Sunflowers..and so on.. so I can tell you I love your Sunflower Creations... very cute!
I have a year round tree and I think for summer I am going to decorate it in Sunflowers.

Tonya

Denise's Kountry Patch said...

Hi Tonya, your home sounds so inviting and happy....sunflowers are just so pretty....each is so different in a garden....enjoy your home, and the tree sounds like it will be a big hit....hugs...