About Me

My photo
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, United States
I have been crafting and doing shows for 20 plus years. I have 3 children and I love creating primitive country crafts. I am married and my husband is my biggest asset to my success. But I can't forget the help my children have been through the years and still to this day. This has been a true family event. I hope you like what you see. I have made so many friends through the years. They started out as customers an are now dear friends, and that is all worth the long hours that we all put into making our creations. I say our creations, because my husband and children help in so many ways. Enjoy my pictures and posts, have a cup of coffee and some downtime to just relax...and come back soon...from my house to yours, Denise

Monday, March 21, 2011

As Promised...






Hi everyone, hope you all are waiting as patiently as I am for this "spring" that seems to be stalling it's arrival. Again today after some nice warm days, I woke up to slushy white stuff. Now I know I am not the only one who is tired of winter. I seem to have so much more energy when the sun is shinning and the windows are open. But enough of old man winter, my first craft show of the year was this past Saturday.

Staying overnight in a hotel is not my favorite thing to do, unless it is a Hampton Inn, the beds in most others are really bad. These bad beds result in no sleep, and a long show day. It started off a bit slow, I really was worried that it was going to be an "Oh No" show. But then the people started showing up and it wasn't too bad. We all want for more, but I am happy with how I did in the end. Some things I sold out of quickly and wished I brought more, and some didn't sell at all....but that sometimes happens and then the next show they are a hot item. Never know in this business what will be the star of the show.

It was so nice seeing some of my friends who started out as customers, and now we have a great bond. The majority of my customers have been with me for many years, and I have grown to know them quite well. I love hearing what they have done with the crafts they bought from me and where they have put them. They tell me I am not allowed to retire...gosh I have to be honest I have been thinking of that a lot lately. Where did almost 25 years go? My son is going to be 30 next month and I started crafting when he was in kindergarten. Wow...time flies and now instead of thinking about that, I am going to post you all some pictures from my show...enjoy and hugs to all...

No comments: