About Me

My photo
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, United States
I have been crafting and doing shows for 20 plus years. I have 3 children and I love creating primitive country crafts. I am married and my husband is my biggest asset to my success. But I can't forget the help my children have been through the years and still to this day. This has been a true family event. I hope you like what you see. I have made so many friends through the years. They started out as customers an are now dear friends, and that is all worth the long hours that we all put into making our creations. I say our creations, because my husband and children help in so many ways. Enjoy my pictures and posts, have a cup of coffee and some downtime to just relax...and come back soon...from my house to yours, Denise

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

See what I have been up to....











Hi Everyone, it is a great sunny day here in Pa...a bit cold still, but at least the snow is melting...Congrats to Amy, she won the giveaway!! I will do another one soon, so keep watching. Today I am going to show you what I have been doing for 3 days in my basement. Yes, 3 days of standing in one spot, but the end results are good. I have a good stock built up of all the items I dipped in my grungy wax. Today I will layer them on wax paper in my "recycled" empty cat litter buckets. Love using them, they are really air tight, and stack so well for things like this. I am going to post some of these hopefully this week on etsy....I hope you like the changes on my blog..more to come, thinking about a selling blog, once I figure it out. One small change can take me hours to do, as I never did any of this before. Hope you all like the candles, candy canes, old clothespins that I dipped in my wax mix...wishing everyone a wonderful day, spring is almost here!!!! Hugs to all.

13 comments:

~Judy~ said...

That is some stockpile! Good for you. They look great!

Jessica @BeforeTheDawn said...

Wow you have been busy!

At Home With Amy said...

Oh my heavens what prim beauties. I so love candles and you did a fantastic job on yours.

I was messing with my blog this morning. I almost thought about sending the whole thing to to trash. I messed it all up. Finally I took a deep breath and atleast got it back the way I had it. Boy I wish I had more computer smarts.

Enjoy your day and get off those feet for a while. You deserve a break Denise!

Hugs,
AMY

Lori said...

Oh my goodness Denise!! You have been a busy girl! I so want to try this and actually have been planning on doing it this week. I hope mine turn out this good!!!

Denise's Kountry Patch said...

Thanks Judy and Jessica....glad they are done...:)

Amy@ believe me, I am so not computer smart..I too made so many mistakes changing this to what it is right now..I was holding my breath and it took me hours..that is why I do it at night...I google alot of what I need to figure out and just keep reading until I find out the easier way of doing it..keep trying..and don't trash it, breathe deep and try it again..you will figure it out..if I did so far, you surely can...lol

hugs....:)

Denise's Kountry Patch said...

Lori, thanks, you can do it..just read up on it, remember not to have your wax really on high temps..that is why I like using a old nesco roaster with the temp dial on it..I keep it around 175 to 200...I turn it on in the morning and it takes about 4 hours to all melt slowly for me to start dipping...have fun, let me know how you make out...pictures when you are done...:) Hugs....

Sharon Wink Ormando said...

I know where I'm going when I need stuff!

Denise's Kountry Patch said...

Sharon@ hehe, I have been working, not OUT eating CAKE...btw where is my piece????? Hugs...

Carmen C. said...

WOW, thats alot of dipping going on there! they look great!

Marcy said...

Dipped candy canes? Real candy? I've never seen that trick before. Actually, I dont' think I've ever seen so many candles in one place except for the Yankee Candle Factory Store in Massachusetts. Great job.

Denise's Kountry Patch said...

Thanks Carmen..I was on a roll....lol

Marcy, they are plastic candy canes....but look awesome hanging on a Christmas tree...hate to heat up the wax for only a few dozen of anything..it takes a few hours to melt..so when I do it, I do alot...have a good day...hugs...:)

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Hi now there is a familiar sight..I do all my own candles too and it is an all day process..
I love making them well not the work part but the ending result makes the house smell good for a week...

Its almost time for me to have a candle making day you want to come over and help me you are certianly experienced...Smile...

My bird likes the music on your blog she is singing away with the music...

Blessings
Tonya

Denise's Kountry Patch said...

Hi Tonya, you are so sweet, thank you for the compliments...if we lived close I sure would come and help you...if you want to send me a pix of your candles...believe it or not I am not doing this only about a year...taught myself through reading a bunch of "how to" posts I found on the web...here is my email...working on a email button, when I figure it out I will add one..take care...hugs

kountrypatch@comcast.net