About Me

My photo
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, United States
I have been crafting and doing shows for 20 plus years. I have 3 children and I love creating primitive country crafts. I am married and my husband is my biggest asset to my success. But I can't forget the help my children have been through the years and still to this day. This has been a true family event. I hope you like what you see. I have made so many friends through the years. They started out as customers an are now dear friends, and that is all worth the long hours that we all put into making our creations. I say our creations, because my husband and children help in so many ways. Enjoy my pictures and posts, have a cup of coffee and some downtime to just relax...and come back soon...from my house to yours, Denise

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spring is coming....


Hi everyone, hope your days are getting brighter with Spring on the horizon. I am really tired of this Winter..how about you?....the snow has been melted and the grass was showing so many times, and now again it is covered with that dreaded white stuff. I am definitely not a snow bunny in any way, shape or form. I like some snow on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day but that is enough for me. But after just writing that, I am thinking that is somehow not completely true. I do like to walk in a snowfall especially at night, when the snow is still falling...there is something really magical about it. With Spring just around the corner...I am wanting the warm mornings, coffee on the deck, and watching the birds and squirrels at the feeders. I want to open the windows, air out the house and have the breeze come in.

With Spring come the babies...we usually have a few turkey families when end up being like a flock of 30 or more once the little ones arrive. Our deer come for the corn I put out, and the old bread that the birds don't finish. We have had twins every year with some of the moms...even triplets every few years...what a joy to watch those spotted babies grow up and come back the next year with babies of their own...Once in a while we get a glimpse of the buck...hunting season bothers me a lot, I just always hope they all make it through it. This winter has been hard for the animals...I have around 14 squirrels, a dozen of crows, cardinals, bluejay's and a host of other small birds at my feeders every morning eating their fill...love watching them, something very peaceful about it. I am gonna wrap this post up, leaving you with a picture of one of my creations for my upcoming shows which will be starting soon. Have a wonderful day and come back again. Hugs to all....

3 comments:

At Home With Amy said...

I love the buckets Denise. Those should sell out quickly. You do nice work.

It has been raining around my parts for the last two days. I am ready for 90 degree temperatures and sunshine!

We live in the country so our wildlife blooms just like the flowers in the spring. Babies and their mommas everywhere. I just love it all.

Enjoy your day,
Hugs ~AMY~

Denise's Kountry Patch said...

Thank you Amy, I just love watching everything come to life as it warms up..nature is just amazing as far as I am concerned. Love it...have a good one...hugs.....

Jody said...

Hi Denise!! Welcome to blog land! Love your blog and your buckets are adorable!