About Me

My photo
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, United States
I have been crafting and doing shows for 20 plus years. I have 3 children and I love creating primitive country crafts. I am married and my husband is my biggest asset to my success. But I can't forget the help my children have been through the years and still to this day. This has been a true family event. I hope you like what you see. I have made so many friends through the years. They started out as customers an are now dear friends, and that is all worth the long hours that we all put into making our creations. I say our creations, because my husband and children help in so many ways. Enjoy my pictures and posts, have a cup of coffee and some downtime to just relax...and come back soon...from my house to yours, Denise

Friday, April 1, 2011

April Showers Brought A Baby



Catchy title, but there is a meaning in it for sure. On April 3rd, 1981 I had my first child, a boy we named Kyle. What a time that was, and where did the time since then go? I was not sure if he would have been born in the beginning, as I had some bad cramps and spotting for a while. But he made it and after a long and painful labor, Kyle James Linney was born. What a joy that was to hold my first child in my arms, and know that it was our job, his Dad and I to take care of him. His Dad was walking on air, I never seen a man so proud at that moment as when he found out he had a son. A son to carry on his name, what more can a Dad ask for.

No, I didn't know the sex of my baby before hand, I wanted to be surprised. It was not very popular back then to find out what the baby was going to be. I went on to have two more children, both girls...Taryn and Jaime...and when I tell you my children are my life, I mean it in the most honest way possible. I look forward to seeing each one of them as often as I can. How can time go by so fast? I look out in my front yard and I can still see them hopping off the school bus...and in my back yard, I see them playing on the swings, and running around after each other. The swings are gone, the pool is gone, the school bus still goes by for the new children in the neighborhood...but most of the childhood toys are long gone. I have some small things saved for each of them in a box, memories of a time long ago it seems. Baby books, pictures, locks of hair, their lost baby teeth....all to be passed on when they have their own children maybe one day...

Me, I have my grown children now, and we make different moments to share... but most of the time I only have my thoughts and memories of what seems like a lifetime ago. Enjoy your children while they are small, cherish each day and milestone, because before you know it they are grown and out on their own. My house some days is very lonely...I wake up thinking about them, and they are the last thing on my mind when I got to bed. I knew one day I would miss the hustle and bustle....just not this soon...Happy Birthday Kyle...all my love to my son....love Mom

From my house to yours...


No comments: