About Me

My photo
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, United States
I have been crafting and doing shows for 20 plus years. I have 3 children and I love creating primitive country crafts. I am married and my husband is my biggest asset to my success. But I can't forget the help my children have been through the years and still to this day. This has been a true family event. I hope you like what you see. I have made so many friends through the years. They started out as customers an are now dear friends, and that is all worth the long hours that we all put into making our creations. I say our creations, because my husband and children help in so many ways. Enjoy my pictures and posts, have a cup of coffee and some downtime to just relax...and come back soon...from my house to yours, Denise

Friday, April 22, 2011

The list is growing...





Hi everyone, it is still cold and dreary here in Clarks Summit, and as we wait for Spring to finally arrive, I was a bit surprised to see this guy today at the feeding area. I know the animals are hungry, and surely would survive without my help of seeds and corn...but the enjoyment they bring to watch is amazing. I looked out the window and thought..."wow, that is a huge cat"...but then looked closer and saw the rings on the tail, I knocked on the window and he looked up at me with that sweet masked face...

Now I know we have always had raccoons, along with foxes, deer, turkeys and more... and every few years the band of coyotes make their presence...but it is a bit odd he is out in the daylight. I was outside taking a few pictures of him, he seemed fine..usually they say they could be rabid...he was just hungry...I didn't know they climbed trees...and when I first went out the door, I thought...oh I missed him ...but movement in the top of our trees caught my eye and there he was...perched on a skinny limb eating the buds off the ends of it...he didn't care I was snapping away...but I must say I am looking for a much better camera, with a big zoom for better pictures....I have tried 2 different ones, but sent them back as they were not as good as they claimed...but until then I am doing the best I can with this "old" Kodak point and shoot.

I hope you enjoy this cute guy, I did...I wish everyone a wonderful Easter holiday, those of you who celebrate it. Enjoy your day, don't waste it...think of what you are most thankful for.

From my house to yours...

5 comments:

At Home With Amy said...

He is a cutie Denise but don't get too close to him. He might not be as friendly as you are.
Happy Easter!
Hugs,
AMY

Denise's Kountry Patch said...

Oh gosh no...I was up on the deck...gave myself enough of room to get back through my door....need a better camera with a good zoom...on my bucket list...lol Thanks for reading...how have you been....Happy Easter to you too...hugs ..Denise

Willow Creek Crossing said...

Hi Denise,
Neat photos, and very neat looking animal, but I agree with Amy! You are braver than me, I would have been afraid he would have known how to fly taking a leap at me! And I think I too would be looking for a zoom camera to take photos like this most definitely!

Happy Easter my friend!
Smile!
~Donna~

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Hi Denise... 99% of the time you have nothing to worry about Reaccons. they are normally very gentle loving animals and are only agressive when sick, in heat or protecting there young or mate.
I used to have a rescue and release lic. I have had 4 pet raccoons and probably resued and released more then 100 over the years. One of my pet reaccoons lived to be 20 years old she lived in the house and I loved her dearly. She passed 4 years ago and I still miss her so much it breaks my heart.. she was so loving and sweet.

So with that said enjoy your new friend. let her watch you and you sit still and watch her she will show you all her antics I'm sure..

They like grapes and other fruits. They generally peel the grapes and spit out the skin...lol...
they love candy and cat food.
leave a bowl of water along side the food you leave out and they will wash there food in front of you. They will climb anything like a cat...they are actually from the cat family..
Wish I could send you a picture of My Shana...

Have a great Easter!!

Hugs
Tonya

Denise's Kountry Patch said...

Hi Tonya..I could really see having a raccoon as a pet...they are so beautiful....will do as you say...put out some water and I already throw all my old fruit, bread etc...out...even left over food from supper...feed the foxes, deer, turkeys...a few skunks..got one almost pure white, with a thin black stripe...so they are all well fed...lol Feel like I live in the middle of a zoo...lol I couldn't imagine losing a pet after 20 years...this one didn't mind I was snapping his picture...but I don't know if it is a he or she..but that is ok..just kept climbing and eating the buds off the branches...thanks for the info...love to hear from you...have a wonderful weekend..hugs...Denise