About Me

My photo
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, United States
I have been crafting and doing shows for 20 plus years. I have 3 children and I love creating primitive country crafts. I am married and my husband is my biggest asset to my success. But I can't forget the help my children have been through the years and still to this day. This has been a true family event. I hope you like what you see. I have made so many friends through the years. They started out as customers an are now dear friends, and that is all worth the long hours that we all put into making our creations. I say our creations, because my husband and children help in so many ways. Enjoy my pictures and posts, have a cup of coffee and some downtime to just relax...and come back soon...from my house to yours, Denise

Monday, April 18, 2011

Look who came to visit my yard



I love feeding the birds as you know from an earlier post. Not only do I get dozens of different colored birds, I have a few squirrels, chipmunks, turkeys and deer. Today I was outside painting and heard a very loud, kind of screeching chatter, followed by the loudest banging on the trees. I looked around and seen this character, actually there were two of them. They are called a Pileated Woodpecker, and they are the size of a large crow. Yes we have a bunch of crows also, but this woodpecker was a new site to my yard. His beak alone is about 3 inches long, and when he pecks at the trees, it is really loud....nothing small about this guy. But I took a few pictures of him and hope he keeps coming back...

On another note, today is my husband Jim's 60th birthday. We all went out to Red Lobster last night for dinner. If you haven't tried their coconut shrimp, it is a must for sure...they were delicious...their Manhattan clam chowder was also very good. No one at our table were disappointed in their meal. Anything from their wood fired grill is a good choice. Sorry for a short post, but I just wanted to touch base with you all and show you this wonderful creature that dropped by my yard...have a great week, and I will post again soon. Happy Birthday Jim...

From my house to yours....

6 comments:

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

I just noticed woodpeckers in our yard too! I don't think they are the same as yours ~ these look smaller.
Happy Birthday Jim! Hope you have a good one!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Denise's Kountry Patch said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes for Jim, I will pass them along. These guys are huge...I am in northeast pa...have a great night Robin...hugs...

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby!! I LOVE Red Lobster's coconut shrimp. I actually had some tonight but they were bought from our grocery store, nothing like the real thing!! Also LOVE the wood fire grilled lobster. Now I'm really hungry!! The woodpeckers that I see on our tree are small ones.

Brenda

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Hi Denise...Way too cool..I've seen those pig Wood peckers and they make a lot of racket banging on the trees and can scream!
I love all my birds too. new ones arriving at the feeders daily just singing there little hearts out.
I have a 14 yr old Blue Jay who survived the attack of a cat at 3 days old.. She can't fly due to all the damage the cat did but she is a hoot..Loves to sing and dance.But if she doesn't like the music she screams at the top of her lungs..

Tell your hubby he caught up with me..LOL...and a Happy B-day to him!!

Hugs
Tonya

Willow Creek Crossing said...

Hi Denise,
Aren't these just beautiful birds! They do make lots of racket though! I too have woodpeckers, but mine don't seem to be this big! And tell your hubby Jim happy birthday too! How interesting mine and yours' have the same month for birthdays! Do you think it is coincidence??? Have a great week Denise!
Smile!
~Donna~

Denise's Kountry Patch said...

Thanks girls....I will pass on the birthday wishes for sure....

Brenda, we are going back for coconut shrimp very soon, it is so good..

Tonya, I swear, there can be no food left, no birds, squirrels, nothing, soon as I put out the seed, suet, corn cobs and peanut butter, it is like a secret code...you can hear the chatter and here they come...

Donna, that is so neat our hubs has the same month for their birthdays...thanks for stopping by...:)