About Me

My photo
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, United States
I have been crafting and doing shows for 20 plus years. I have 3 children and I love creating primitive country crafts. I am married and my husband is my biggest asset to my success. But I can't forget the help my children have been through the years and still to this day. This has been a true family event. I hope you like what you see. I have made so many friends through the years. They started out as customers an are now dear friends, and that is all worth the long hours that we all put into making our creations. I say our creations, because my husband and children help in so many ways. Enjoy my pictures and posts, have a cup of coffee and some downtime to just relax...and come back soon...from my house to yours, Denise

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Days turn into weeks....






Hi everyone, I don't know where the time goes..all I know is that it went a lot slower when I was a kid. Days turn into weeks in a blink of an eye, we are all so much busier than years ago. Always something to do, somewhere to go...and always things that never get done and have to be put off until another time. I don't know whether this is just because we are older that the time seems to go by faster, as children we didn't have the pressure and responsibilities we do as adults. I miss the hustle and bustle of my home when my children were younger, now it is so quiet compared to before. So in any event, I try to figure out time to get away, one day Vermont and surrounding states is my dream to drive and just sightsee...with the economy today, I am not one of the lucky ones to be able to pick up and leave for a week or two...but one day I hope to be able to go...meanwhile I do what I do best and that is make new things for other peoples homes.

It is a warm morning here, AC is running already, birds are fed, squirrels are hogging all the food as usual, the ants still find the hummingbird feeder although I put a ton of coffee grounds down on the bottom of the pole...these were said to stop ants from either getting to the feeder, and if you put them around your house, stop them from coming in...well I guess I will stop saving the grounds, as they are not doing a very good job of keeping them away from the hummingbirds food...so it will be a bit senseless to spread them around the foundation of my whole house...guess a can of ant and bug spray is in order..anyone have any suggestions how to keep the ants from getting to the feeder, I would love to know them...

Here is some of the things I have posted on my etsy, some are one of a kind..others I have multiples of...enjoy your day...from my house to yours





4 comments:

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Hi Denise. I'm with you where does the time go..I never seem to get everyting done that I put on my to do list so every day I carry it over..LOL..

Recently I read or someone told me can't remember..hehe that if you put things like corn meal or other meals that swell when they are injested like ground oatmeal, even baby food oatmeal around your house or feeders it will stop the ants. What happens is when they injest themeals it swells and it killed the ants. I sprinkled baby oatmeal around my camper and I have had very few ants this summer so it must work to some degree. So you might try that at the bottom of your pole and see if it helps.

have a nice weekend.

Hugs
Tonya

Denise's Kountry Patch said...

Hi Tonya, nice to hear from you...and I will try that with the baby oatmeal...great tip...how is your summer going....middle of June already...time flies faster as I get older.....lol

Hugs, Denise

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Hi Denise,
Your creations are amazing!
Good Luck with the ants ~ I don't have any good solutions for you.
Time for me flies by fast for me too! Look how long it took me to comment ~ alittle behind in blogland and I'm trying to catch up!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Denise's Kountry Patch said...

Hi Robin, thank you so much for the compliments, I love to make new things. The ants are a lost cause, but I am going to try the baby oatmeal idea Tonya told me about. It is easy to get behind on a daily basis...seems like the days were much longer when I was younger...lol
Have a wonderful summer....hugs
Denise