About Me

My photo
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, United States
I have been crafting and doing shows for 20 plus years. I have 3 children and I love creating primitive country crafts. I am married and my husband is my biggest asset to my success. But I can't forget the help my children have been through the years and still to this day. This has been a true family event. I hope you like what you see. I have made so many friends through the years. They started out as customers an are now dear friends, and that is all worth the long hours that we all put into making our creations. I say our creations, because my husband and children help in so many ways. Enjoy my pictures and posts, have a cup of coffee and some downtime to just relax...and come back soon...from my house to yours, Denise

Monday, August 1, 2011

Recycled Prims






Hello everyone, it has been about 2 weeks since my last post. I am trying to fit it all in honest I am. But I find myself really tired at night and falling asleep earlier than planned anymore. Anyone else having this happen. I used to be such a nightowl, but not so much anymore. I have a few new things in process of construction for my upcoming shows, and I will give you a sneak peak at a few of them. Remember to check out The Olde Primitive Peddler, new items from some great artists became available at midnight and the 15th of the month wares are still up for grabs...including my 4 posts.

One other new thing has happened, we got a new kitten my hubby is calling "Tater"...fits him to a T...I was naming him Frankie, but I wanted to let hubs have some fun and name him. I have had him a week today, and what a week it has been. I thought I was losing him, he could not keep his food down..anywhere from immediately after eating to 30 min after her would start to regurgitate his food up. This could be for 3 to 5 hours, when this was happening he would be so listless and huddle up and hang his little head in distress. After this event was over he was a playful kitten, but hungry because he didn't keep anything down. I was afraid to feed him but knew he was starving. I took him to the vet, all she did was worm him and tell me to bring him back if that didn't help....sounds funny to you, well it did to me too.

Saturday I was grasping at straws, didn't know what to do, I actually thought he was dieing in my arms. You could feel all his bones under his fun, and he wanted to eat, but the above would happen again. I called the vet, she wanted to have me come up to give me an "estimate" on what it will cost to help him and that she had a 6 month payment plan...I saw red. Thank God, my friend Laura called me, she knew I was upset...boy you can always count on another animal lover to give you sound advice. She told me to get kitten milk and feed him small amounts at a time, Jim went up to Pet Smart and a very nice older woman told him about this wonderful pet food called "Blue". Animals cannot digest grains like corn and wheat very well, and this had none of that in it...she also said if Tater was running around like a nut after he was done being sick, then she doubts there was anything major wrong, but agreed with us that the woman who gave us the cat was giving them the wrong food. She was feeding the mother and kittens "Dads" all purpose food for any ages...and it is full of dyes and not so good stuff, and she said his tummy was just raw from it.

Well so far so good, he is keeping the milk down, I have even mixed it with some wet Blue canned kitten food. He has a vet appt today and I will see what this NEW vet says and when he thinks I should try the dry, which the woman at Pet Smart said to mix with cooked white rice. This kitten is running all over, been up on every piece of furniture, in crocks, my dishwasher and has leaped from the couch to the table. He is fearless and is driving the older 2 cats crazy. He loves to bite Squirt's tail, and the more he does the madder Squirt gets and the more he bangs his tail off the floor...thus Tater plays harder and it is a vicious circle...lol We went from a kitten that was dying literally to a kitten so full of energy...it is amazing. I will keep you updated, pray I get good news today, and yes his belly and ribs in just a few days are filling out, not a skeleton like when we got him. Hugs....

From my house to yours:

Denise

2 comments:

LibbiesHome said...

Hi Denise,
I LOVE your recycled jars! Those are lovely displays. :)
I'm glad you were able to find some real help with your kitten. I can't believe that a person became a vet with so little compassion for animals. At least that's what it sounds like to me. I'm pretty severely allergic to cats, but I love home much joy they bring to their owners.
Have a great day, and I hope the new vet is a keeper!
Melissa

Denise's Kountry Patch said...

Hi Melissa thanks for your nice comments on my jars, and for liking animals...so sorry you are allergic....have a wonderful day..Denise