About Me

My photo
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, United States
I have been crafting and doing shows for 20 plus years. I have 3 children and I love creating primitive country crafts. I am married and my husband is my biggest asset to my success. But I can't forget the help my children have been through the years and still to this day. This has been a true family event. I hope you like what you see. I have made so many friends through the years. They started out as customers an are now dear friends, and that is all worth the long hours that we all put into making our creations. I say our creations, because my husband and children help in so many ways. Enjoy my pictures and posts, have a cup of coffee and some downtime to just relax...and come back soon...from my house to yours, Denise

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Is Bigger....Better????



Hi everyone, well the title of this post says it all...I am always thinking outside the box so to speak, and this time is no different. I found a few old, wooden, heavy...very heavy cattle gates. Lets just say, I have a hard time just sliding them across the floor to work on them. My husband has to carry them in the basement for me. I have 3 to do, this one is the first of them to be finished. I already have people wanting them from the pictures I posted on facebook. Each one is a different size, this one being the smallest. And each one has different metal hardware, this one is the only one with an old chain still attached.

While I was working on it, I kept thinking..."are you crazy"....."why would you try to wrestle with these things"...but after I got it done, I sat back and said "damn that came out nice"...well in my opinion anyway. Everything is not for everyone...but this makes an awesome porch or yard decoration for the upcoming holidays. It is about 4 feet wide, and 3 feet high, and the thickness of the layers of wood is about 6 inches. But I wanted you all to see it before it is gone. I am getting better about taking pictures of my creations. Hope you all like it, but for now I am back to work preparing for a big show that is coming up. Have a wonderful day.

From my house to yours:

Denise

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I love it! You're right it did turn out good! :O) It will look lovely on someone's winter porch or even in the yard. Good job!

At Home With Amy said...

Like I said on FB, I am so glad you didn't hurt yourself woman! These should sell immediately at your show! Good luck!

Hugs ~AMY~

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Wow! I Love it! Awesome job

Denise's Kountry Patch said...

thanks girls...it did come out good...:)

Patti said...

Love that! And I love your Blog..you are very talented!

Denise's Kountry Patch said...

thank you Patti....:)