About Me

My photo
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, United States
I have been crafting and doing shows for 20 plus years. I have 3 children and I love creating primitive country crafts. I am married and my husband is my biggest asset to my success. But I can't forget the help my children have been through the years and still to this day. This has been a true family event. I hope you like what you see. I have made so many friends through the years. They started out as customers an are now dear friends, and that is all worth the long hours that we all put into making our creations. I say our creations, because my husband and children help in so many ways. Enjoy my pictures and posts, have a cup of coffee and some downtime to just relax...and come back soon...from my house to yours, Denise

Monday, December 19, 2011

Where is the Merry in Christmas ?

Christmas is such a magical time, especially for children. The belief in Santa is what makes a childhood so wonderful. It was sad once my children figured out he wasn't real, Christmas was different from that time forward. Like most parents I lived through my children's eyes. My own childhood was nothing I would want to relive. But we are supposed to pick ourselves up when we fall, sometimes we have help and sometimes not. Life is short but so many forget that. I cannot make everyone happy, I try but most times I fail. Day after day I struggle to keep peace, mend fences and yet every Christmas is ruined by someone. I turn within myself and sort of shut down because anything else is just pointless.

I posted on facebook earlier today the following:

"Christmas is not a good time for me, hasn't been for most of my life...but I still try and somehow I keep coming up with the same ending.....hope I never run out of tears...the decorations in my home are just bandaids for my pain."

The above post is how my heart aches for peace and the end to family upheaval. I keep so much inside, the hurt just multiplies. Again, I took the time to decorate my home, and here it is the 19th of December and I am struggling not to just take the decorations all down and pack the pain away. Each year I think "this year it will be different"...but it is not and I don't think it ever will be. Did you ever sit back and think what the word "family" means? Are there any perfect ones? I wear my heart on my sleeve and that leaves me open for tears as each year of my life passes me by. I am sorry this post is so disheartening for this wonderful time of year. I guess there is this little girl still wanting to be loved and accepted for me.

I hope your holidays are all that you want them to be. I keep thinking there is so much more to life but keep find myself more depressed as each year passes. Sadly people don't realize that once life's end is here, the fighting and harsh words won't matter anymore. I guess the reason I am posting this is to say Christmas isn't "gifts", it is the strength of your family, those of you who are lucky to have it, and the wonderful friends that will listen and help pull you away from that slippery slope.

Here is my wish for each and every one of you:

For you to never know the pain I feel in my heart each and every Christmas for so many years now. I will leave you with a few pictures of my home in which I so wanted it to be a perfect Christmas, but sadly it is not within my reach yet again.


From my house to yours:

Denise










7 comments:

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

I think all your decorations are wonderful. So sorry to hear you are so sad at this time of year.
I hope somewhere, some how you can find some peace and joy.
Prim Blessings
Robin

TheRustyThimble said...

Denise I can so relate to you

Big Hugs
Brenda

Willow Creek Crossing said...

Denise, my wish for you is that a star will shine down on you and your family and bring peace to all of you this holiday season! Don't ever give up hope! Christmas "is" special my friend!
~Smile~
Donna

Jean @ Prim Crafts said...

Denise, reading your post, was like reading my life story. The only difference is I never had any children. Each year all I want to do is get through the Christmas holiday. As I get older it seems to get harder, but I percervier and always manage. I always try to remind myself that there are others out there whom are alone, homeless and hungry and that I need to be thankful for what I do have and not worry about all the disfunction in my family. For so many years I tried to be the peacemaker~ trying to please everyone around me, But never myself. God knows my pain and always seems to show me His loving spirit, and I am praying that He will show you too.
I wish for you peace within yourself and some of the joys of the season.
Many blessings my friend~
Jean

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Denise..You are not alone my friend..many of us struggle this time of year with despair and deep set loss and sadness..Wishing we could change things somehow..knowing we don't have the power to change it.. I am one of those people but I have found peace in knowing that I can't change others and what they do to make others life miserable and sad. I've found strength in knowing that my heart is true..my love is real..and it is there lose in choosing not to know my love.
Beleive in yourself, love yourself, & never let others destroy the happiness you deserve. Find joy in helping others who want your help and your love. It will give you some peace at heart..

Your home is beautiful and it by your hand that it was made beautiful.. be proud of that and if you must be selfish and enjoy it despite others who wish to destroy your spirit!

Merry Christmas my Friend may your home and your heart be filled with many warm Christmas memories!!

Hugs & Blessings
Tonya

Anna said...

Hi Denise, I was checking out all the different blogs than OMG. This is me.I had a rough year (many) with family. Not my own children but my siblings.I wanted the tree down the day after christmas.It not christmas to me anyone.When you have had enough of the pretend do gooders.
Well my friend we made it another christmas is over.
Blessings to you for a Happy and Heatlhy new year.If ever you need a friend email me.Warm regards, Anna

Denise's Kountry Patch said...

And here I thought it was only me feeling like this....hope 2012 brings each and every one of you the happiness you crave. I love each and every one of you. Hugs......