About Me

My photo
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, United States
I have been crafting and doing shows for 20 plus years. I have 3 children and I love creating primitive country crafts. I am married and my husband is my biggest asset to my success. But I can't forget the help my children have been through the years and still to this day. This has been a true family event. I hope you like what you see. I have made so many friends through the years. They started out as customers an are now dear friends, and that is all worth the long hours that we all put into making our creations. I say our creations, because my husband and children help in so many ways. Enjoy my pictures and posts, have a cup of coffee and some downtime to just relax...and come back soon...from my house to yours, Denise

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Silence is White









I wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year. I hope your holidays were all you wanted them to be. I have been sitting here all day working on my taxes, getting them all wrapped up so I can start cutting out patterns and building up my stock. It is a warm day again, most of the winter so far has been like this. While it is nice in one way, we have had very little snow. Only one snowfall to speak of and it happened on Halloween night. I will post the pictures I took from my bedroom window, experimenting with a new camera. Thus the title of this blog.

The night was dark, snow was falling and it was cold, beautiful...but silent. You could hear nothing, not even the snow hitting the trees outside my window. Of course I had to shut my door of my bedroom to do this, because the last time I tried to take pictures with the window sash up and no screen....I almost had flying cats go through it. I never hear them coming into the room, but quick as anything they jumped up along side of my arms onto the sill, and how they didn't go for a ride I will never know.

There is something special about a snowfall. It is like nature is just hiding all the dirt, old farm equipment, anything that is not supposed to be there with a blanket of clean, white, sparkling snow. It looks so different from nightfall to daylight. It shimmers if there is a moon out, but in the morning it is like a wonderland until the sun starts to melt it away.

I don't know about you, but I love to walk, drive, shop in the snow. While I like to watch it snow during the day, there is something magical about a snowfall at night. The best kind of snow is the one that covers every branch of the trees and bushes. When I walk in the snow, especially at night it brings back memories of when I met my husband and the walks we took while most people were all warm inside their homes. Next time it snows at night, take a walk and listen to its silence. Look up at a street light and watch the flakes coming at you like cold, wet feathers falling from the sky. Listen to how peaceful the world is for that moment, and then continue to walk and know that what you are doing at that moment will be a memory for you later in your life. And you will smile.


From my house to yours:


Denise

3 comments:

Sharon Wink Ormando said...

So pretty........used to love it at the cottage when it snowed....so peaceful......felt like all was right with the world.

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Beautiful Pictures... As a kid I loved snow but as an adult the only time I like snow is in the beautiful pictures others take..
I'm sorry I lost that childhood love of snow..but everything changes over time..
I do agree with your anology of the silence of the lords blanket!!

Have a great week!!

Blessings
Tonya

Willow Creek Crossing said...

Hi Denise,
What beautiful photos of the snow and the view you get to enjoy! I love snow but as I get older, I seem only to like it when I can stay put in my home. It is beautiful and does make you wonder and dream of when times seemed simpler. I can remember when we first moved into our home 34 years ago, we had a major snow storm and we walked 10 miles to visit my mother, imagine that! Love your post, made me remember a special moment!
~Smile~
Donna