About Me

My photo
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, United States
I have been crafting and doing shows for 20 plus years. I have 3 children and I love creating primitive country crafts. I am married and my husband is my biggest asset to my success. But I can't forget the help my children have been through the years and still to this day. This has been a true family event. I hope you like what you see. I have made so many friends through the years. They started out as customers an are now dear friends, and that is all worth the long hours that we all put into making our creations. I say our creations, because my husband and children help in so many ways. Enjoy my pictures and posts, have a cup of coffee and some downtime to just relax...and come back soon...from my house to yours, Denise

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Spring Is Coming

Hi Everyone, I am sitting here at 11pm thinking about what I am going to do tomorrow. I have a lot of things to make for my upcoming fall and winter shows. I have decided not to do many Spring and Summer ones, because they have fallen off in attendance quite a bit. So many good shows are now gone, just gone. Shows I used to wait and hope I was accepted into. How do shows that are over 20 years old just disappear so easily. There must be at least a dozen great ones that I used to do that are just gone. I am trying to find some new ones, but for now until I do I am concentrating on my second half of the year's product.

I have made some new things for my etsy shop. www.deniseskountrypatch.etsy.com
and I have sent some things off to a few stores. I have so many ideas, just a very hard time talking myself into staying in the basement and working. Some days I do well, others I just don't get much done. I think my commitment is just very weak right now. Maybe once the sun comes out, the windows can be opened, I will want to do more. I love spending time with my children, I missed so much time with them when they were smaller. I was always working, not by choice, but because of the need to pay the bills. So maybe this is what I am supposed to do is slow down a bit and smell the roses.

Here is a few of my things you can find in my etsy shop that I just made:
Heart Items:




St. Patrick's Day:





And a few bunnies and carrots:




I hope your new year is going well, and I pray my burnt out feeling goes away. I have been doing this for about 25 years now and I am thinking a break is what I am needing, so hopefully a light first half of this years schedule will help me get back on track. I will take some pictures of new things and post them soon...

From my house to yours:

Denise

2 comments:

imsteelefullofscrap said...

Love your bunnies and carrots they are adorable

Denise's Kountry Patch said...

Thank you so much for your compliment..they are fun to make...hugs......:)